PayPal Gateway Extension could be your first choice as it offers a discounted rate of 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction for (eligible) nonprofit projects against 4.4% plus a fixed fee for international sales.
And if you go for PayPal Payments Standard (version), it involves no monthly, setup, cancellation, or hidden fees.
The PayPal Payments Pro (version), however, involves monthly fees and other charges for some additional benefits.
PayPal Gateway Extension from Webinane brings in a bunch of special features you can expect from the world’s most widespread, well-known, flexible, and fraudproof eCommerce system.
There is another advantage.
While PayPal has a worldwide presence with over 260 million active customers, many of your donors might be having a PayPal account.
It could save you some more money by avoiding currency conversion charges.
It doesn’t require any integration tweaks on your part and the extension has been fully integrated into the Lifeline Donations plugin.
The most complete and advanced donations management solution, Lifeline Donations plugin is available as free and opensource software.
- Reach out to donors worldwide with the multiple, flexible payment options for each.
- 25 currencies supported to get payments.
- No monthly, setup, or cancellation fees on PayPal Payments Standard (version).
- 200+ countries and territories served.
- PayPal offers credit, debit, prepaid cards and a digital credit line.
- Built-in “Recurring Donations” with various “giving frequencies” to choose from.
- Integrated into free, open-source Lifeline Donations and WP Commerce plugins.
- Apex level security and fraud protection.
- Premium Customer Care from Support Team
- Regular and free auto-updates.
Make Recurring Donations with Desired Giving Frequency:
The “Recurring Donations” functionality which is usually available as a paid add-on is included as a built-in feature (free) on PayPal Payment Gateway Extension from Webinane.
Also, the donors are given the freedom to choose a flexible and convenient giving frequency from the available options.
PayPal’s Lower Fees and More Supported Currencies:
In comparison with 2Checkout
which operates in fewer countries, PayPal charges lower fees on transactions.
While 2Checkout charges start from 3.5% + $0.35 per transaction, PayPal’s transaction fee is as low as 2.9% + $0.30. Eligible charities can get further discounts.
Over 2 dozen supported currencies further facilitate accepting donations from different countries.
Save Time, Effort, and Skill as You Setup the Extension:
Though you have the freedom to manually integrate the extension into your theme, all this hassle can easily be avoided.
You can do so by installing the Lifeline Donation plugin which is available for free download from WordPress.org
. It’s an all-in-one NonProfit solution.
An optional extension for Lifeline Donations, is also available for free download.
And if you’re just starting your project, you would also be looking for a suitable charity WordPress theme.
We recommend Lifeline2 – a 5-star rated premium nonprofit WP theme already powering 800+ charity organizations worldwide.
This supported theme can also save you from integration tweaks.
How to Get It Running – A Simple 4-step Process:
- Sign up with PayPal.
- Integrate PayPal Gateway extension with your website. Or, buy the Lifeline2 Nonprofit WordPress theme and download (free) supported Lifeline Donation plugin.
- Link your PayPal account with Lifeline2 (or any other theme) – your nonprofit website.
- Get Premium Webinane Customer Support (free) for PayPal extension and Lifeline2 theme setup and maintenance.