PayU for Lifeline Donationin donation
And, sometimes, a 1-tap donation processing fee is as low as 0%! (Read in detail below.)
PayU powers 450,000 eCommerce projects in India alone and has access to 2.3 billion consumers worldwide.
With the PayU gateway extension, you can reach out to potential donors worldwide with 250+ donations processing options. As many as 100+ payment methods are supported in India alone. Even more importantly, it works on bank holidays.
Also, to save you the trouble of integration, the PayU gateway extension is compatible with the world’s best (& FREE) online donation management system and a top-rated nonprofit WordPress theme.
Why PayU Is Much Better for Fundraising:
- Best gateway for online/offline, card-based/cardless, cashless, donations.
- Reach out to 2.3 billion potential donors worldwide.
- India’s leading, preferred payment processor (60% market share)
- 250+ local payment options for donors to choose from.
- Instantly collect donations via apps, SMS, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, webpages, eCommerce platforms, etc.
- Global presence – 18 high growth markets.
- Built-in “Recurring Donations” feature with “Giving Frequency”.
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant for top security.
- ZOOZ-powered global architecture for reliable, scalable cross-border payments.
- LazyPay instant loaning facility (India).
- Flat 1.9% per transaction (India)
- No setup fees & free annual maintenance.
- Only pay on successful donation payments.
- Free, regular PayU extension updates and auto installation.
- Premium customer care from Webinane Support Team.
Get Instant 1-Click Donation Payments for as Low as 0%!
Literally, the 1-click, QR code-based donation payments using UPI and Debit Card transactions can be as low as 0%!
For other 1-click transactions, apart from UPI and Debit Card, a fee is charged only on successful transactions.
The supported QR code-based payment methods (in India) include:
- Google Pay
- HDFC Bank PayZapp
- Axis Pay
- State Bank of India (SBI) Mobile Banking App
- BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money), and so on.
Maximize Conversions From “Potential” to “Real/Long-term” Donors:
PayU payment extension for your WordPress website is perhaps the world’s first payment gateway to provide donors with as many as 250+ local payment options.
It means each of your supporters will have the option to choose from lots of easy options popular in their locality. And some of them they might themselves be using for personal or business-related financial transactions.
It increases your ability as a fundraising organization to maximize the conversions from “potential” to “real and long-term” contributors to your noble cause.
Some of the 250+ supported payment methods are listed below:
- SMS, WhatsApp, Email, Facebook, and other social platforms
- Credit/debit cards
- Internet banking (75+ banks supported in India alone)
- UPI (100+ banks and 3rd party apps)
- Wallets (15 wallets)
- EMI (cards and cardless payments)
- Citrus Pay
- QR Code-based 1-click/1-tap payments
- Mobile apps, webpages, and websites
- eCommerce platforms
- American Express (Amex Business Card)
Note: The above list only includes some of the 100+ PayU donation processing methods available in India. To explore all the 250+ payment options, you can visit PayU’s local websites for different countries using this link.
“Recurring Donations” to Reduce Marketing Costs & Non-stop Flow of Funds:
Please note that you don’t need a plugin, extension, or add-on to enable recurring donation on your WordPress-powered nonprofit website. This feature is pre-built into the PayU payment gateway extension.
With this option, automated recurring donations will keep crediting into your charity’s account from willing donors. So, you can reduce the marketing costs required to reach out to old or new donors to do the same fundraising as you did the previous month or year.
The money saved on marketing can be diverted to either charity projects or attract new donors.
This feature enables your donors to:
- Make repeated donations after ‘predefined’ regular intervals.
- Set a flexible and convenient ‘giving frequency’ from weekly to yearly or somewhere in between.
- Fix an amount for recurring donations they can easily afford.
- Authenticate automatic deduction of a given donation amount as the due date arrives.
4 Ways Donors & You Can Benefit from PayU’s Local Payment Options:
Both the ‘philanthropists’ and your nonprofit organization can benefit a great deal from hundreds of local payment options available with PayU gateway.
First, local methods involve much less payment processing costs than international transactions.
Donor Uses a Methods Already in Use:
Second, it allows each donor to donate with a payment method they might already be using for personal or business transactions. So, they don’t need to create an account or provide detailed personal financial information to make a donation.
International transactions are usually riskier than the local ones. In addition to being securer, local donation payments are also faster. They involve no intermediary channels (banks) which may prolong the payment transfers.
Easiest to Access and Simplest to Use:
The fourth major advantage of local payment methods is that they are within an easy reach of each donor. Similarly, involving less complexity, such methods are usually easier to work with for any layman.
Multiple Ways to Reduce Expenses Between Your Donor and You:
While a donation travels between your donor and you, it may involve many types of expenditures, such as:
- Setup fees
- Integration costs
- Maintenance fees
- Processing fees
- Exchange rates
- Fees charged by intermediary banks (financial institutions)
- Hidden costs/charges.
The PayU gateway extension allows you to save a huge amount on various fronts, for example,
- The PayU gateway extension involves no setup, integration, and maintenance fees.
- There are no hidden charges.
- You have the option to minimize processing fees and exchange rates by using local methods.
- In addition to all this, the payment processor (PayU) offers competitive pricing. The processing fees for donations are considerably lower than most other available payment methods.
Target Global Audience for Fundraising to Run Charity in 15+ Countries:
While you can base your nonprofit organization in 15+ countries, it is literally possible to raise funds from anyone, anywhere in the world.
As for the local audience, there are lots of easy-to-access payment options. Similarly, international donors too can choose from several regional methods to donate.
For a merchant account, you need to visit PayU local websites for the below-listed countries:
- South Africa
- Czech Republic
Here’s How It Saves You the Trouble of Development/Integration:
Literally, it saves you any trouble involving any development/integration work as compatible (and world’s best) plugins and a fundraising WordPress theme are available.
Lifeline Donations (Free)
PayU gateway extension is fully compatible with the world’s best online donations management plugin – Lifeline Donations. It’s available for free download.
WP Commerce (Free)
The gateway extension works perfectly well on WP Commerce – an all-out eCommerce solution for all. The plugin is developer-friendly.
Fundraising WP Theme
PayU extension is also fully integrated into one of the world’s best and top-rated premium nonprofit WordPress themes – Lifeline2. Over 840+ nonprofit organizations worldwide are already benefitting from Lifeline2’s extended, donation-oriented capabilities.