Braintree for Lifeline Donationin donation
If choosing between PayPal and Braintree is an option, the latter is better. It’s both!
It could be a great idea reaching out to each donor with eCommerce solutions from two eCommerce industry leaders – Braintree and PayPal. The Braintree Gateway Extension can both boost donations and attract more donors globally. It is owned and operated by PayPal.
Braintree offers several most popular regional payment options to each donor and involves additional discounts when it comes to currency conversions.
While Braintree itself serves 45+ countries and territories, it gives access to millions of active PayPal accounts worldwide.
The Braintree Gateway Extension also includes the option for the donors to make recurring donations with convenient giving frequency.
Here’s Why It’s Much Better:
- It’s literally two-in-one!
- Get access to 260+ million PayPal accounts in 200+ countries.
- 45+ countries/regions served (by Braintree).
- Several regional payment methods for each donor from Braintree!
- Accept PayPal, credit/debit cards, wallets, and local payment methods.
- Visa, Mastercard, JCB, Diners Club, Discover, American Express, ACH, Venmo also supported.
- No additional fees for PayPal and PayPal Credit.
- Enjoy double discounts and double benefits.
- Volume discounts – more donations means more saving on processing.
- Lower fees on non-USD payments.
- As many as 130+ currencies supported.
- Accept “Recurring Donations” with flexible “Giving Frequency”.
- Lifeline Donations and WP Commerce (free plugins) supported.
Provide Each Donor Anywhere with Multiple Regional Payment Options:
In addition to all the popular international payment processing partners, Braintree offers lots of local/regional payment options. Literally, each donor will have multiple methods to choose from for making donations.
Here’s a long list of payment methods:
- PayPal and PayPal Credit (without any additional fees)
- Credit and Debit cards
- Visa and Visa Checkout
- Digital wallets
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Union Pay
- American Express
- Giro Pay
- ACH Direct Debit
- Pay Now
- Diners Club, and more!
Get Double Discounts Including Discounted Rate for Charities:
Braintree does offer the lower transaction fees available with PayPal Payments Standard. That is, the free of 2.9% + $0.30 is the same on both the payment processing platforms.
There too, there is a discounted rate of 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction for verified charities.
Meanwhile, Braintree has some additional discounts for you. For example, it charges just 1% additional for transactions made in currencies other than the US dollar.
No Minimums, Monthly, Hidden Fees:
The Braintree Gateway extension does not put any restrictions regarding minimums.
Also, there are no standard or monthly fees involved.
Access PayPal’s 260+ Active Account in 200+ Countries:
Braintree as a global payment processor has a presence in 45+ countries and territories. In addition, you get access to 260+ million active PayPal customers from 200+ markets worldwide.
Braintree’s payment options are more than those of several other processors. It means you can reach out to each donor anywhere in the world and with lots of payment methods.
Complete Setup Involves an Easy 3-Step Process:
- Create a Braintree Account
- Install WP Commerce (a free plugin) on your theme followed by Braintree Extension integration.
- Link your Braintree account with the theme. And start collecting donations!
You Can Avoid Integration Work with a Supported Theme:
Both WP Commerce plugin and Braintree gateway extension need to be integrated into your theme. If you want to avoid this hassle, you can go for a supported theme – Lifeline2 – which is also the best nonprofit WordPress theme ever created, powering over 800 charity and religious projects.