Authorize.Net for Lifeline Donationin donation
You must be looking for Authorize.Net if:
- You want to provide EACH donor with their preferred payment method/s &
- Economizing donation acceptance is also your priority.
Respect the choice and convenience of your donors for a payment method who support and foster your charity. Authorize.Net payment gateway extension offers a wide range of payment options from credit cards and Visa Checkout to PayPal and e-checks.
It could cost as low as 10¢ per transaction if your donations come from credit cards and electronic check payments from mobile devices and websites, etc. Just use your existing merchant account or buy one from a reseller to combine with Authorize.Net.
- Worldwide coverage to accept donations
- You don’t need a “Recurring Donations” add-on. It’s built-in
- Give each user a convenient and preferred payment method
- Fee as low as $0.01 per donation (1)
- No extra cost on PayPal Express Checkout (2)
- Integrated into Lifeline Donations and WP Commerce (free) plugins.
- Advanced Fraud Protection Suite with 13 fraud filters you can configure.
- 13 currencies supported.
- Supports 1-touch donation payment with Apple Pay.
- Extension regularly updated and released for automatic installation.
- Top-rated Webinane Customer Care for free
A Preferred Payment Option for Each Donor Worldwide:
Authorize.net Gateway Extension is only supported for nonprofit organizations based in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Europe.
However, it allows you to collect donations from any part of the world with a huge variety of payment options. So, each donor will have their own preferred payment method to make one-time or recurring donations.
The supported payment methods include:
- PayPal (at no extra costs) (3)
- Apple Pay (Simplify payment to the touch of a button/thumbprint ID)
- Visa SRC (easy checkout with single sign-on)
- Chase Pay
- Visa Checkout
- Master Card
- American Express
- JCB, etc.
Save $3/Donation on Authorize.Net with Existing Merchant Account:
Even if you don’t get an Authorize.Net merchant account, you will have a number of payment methods to provide your users with. And your merchant service provider (or reseller) would offer their own set of payment methods for your donors.
The payment gateway infrastructure supports credit cards and electronic check payments from websites, mobile gadgets, or terminals.
The transaction fee for the all-in-one plan is 2.9% + $0.30 which gets reduced to just $0.01 when you choose not to get a merchant account from Authorize.Net.
Obviously, you are saving nearly $3 on a transaction.
Note: Not using a merchant account from Authorize.Net doesn’t mean you don’t need one. A merchant account is always required to connect to the Authorize.Net platform. So, you can either integrate your existing merchant account with the gateway or get one from a reseller.
Choose from a Huge List of Resellers to Economize Pricing:
To avail yourself of competitive pricing for payment processing, you can buy a merchant account from your favorite reseller and integrate it with the Authorize.Net platform.
The long list of resellers supported on Authorize.Net includes:
- Bank of America Merchant Service (a leader in eCommerce)
- Wells Fargo
- Flagship Merchant Services
- Chase Paymentech
- EVO Payments International
- Total Merchant Services
- North American Bancard
- Merchant Account Providers
- Bankcard USA
- Gateway Only
- BB&T Merchant Services, and more.
3 Easy Steps to Start Accepting Donations
- Sign up with Authorize.Net for an all-in-one plan.
Or, go for the “payment gateway only” option if you already have a merchant account.
- Buy Authorize.Net Gateway Extension and integrate it into your charity WP theme.
- Link your Authorize.Net account with your gateway extension (or website).
You are ready to start accepting donations.
Compatible Charity WordPress Theme and Plugins:
A compatible plugin and theme would save you time, energy, and skill you will need to integrate the Authorize.Net gateway extension into your nonprofit website.
Lifeline2 is the supported premium charity WordPress theme. It’s also one of the best themes that 800+ nonprofit organizations are already using for their projects.
Supported (Free) Plugins
WP Commerce is the supported and mandatory plugin for Authorize.Net Gateway Extension to work. You can free download it from Wordpress.org.
The second very useful but optional extension is Lifeline Donations. It is also available for free download on the WordPress store.
- You are charged 10¢ as a daily batch fee in addition to the transaction fee of an equal amount. It is when you are using the “Payment Gateway Only” plan from Authorize.Net.
- With Pay Express Checkout integration, you can accept donations at no extra cost as well as get access to 160+ million active PayPal users worldwide.
- Standard PayPal fee may apply on donations using PayPal Express Checkout.